Important facts about anxiety:
The American Psychological Association (APA) defines anxiety as “an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes like increased blood pressure.”. It is caused by a combination of factors. The most common may vary from stressful events to physical health problems. Or specific personality traits. Sadly, many people today are affected by it.
Living with the anxiety is not easy. The tips below might come in useful to make your life better.
Focus on the moment
– from the minute we wake up our brain starts thinking for different problems. This might be stressful. Try to concentrate on the very moment. Avoid thinking about other things. Use your senses to only perceive what is going on now. This will prevent anxiety from overwhelming you.
– laughter reduces the production of stress hormones. It also boosts the immune system. When we laugh, we heal. Both emotionally and physically. If you want to prevent anxiety attacks, search for things that tickle your funny bone. Try a meme on Facebook or a funny video on YouTube.
Be an optimist
– seeing the glass half full is better way of accepting things. Negativity causes unpleasant restlessness. It also leads to anxiety. Try to always stay positive. No matter how hard times you go through. Remember every cloud has silver lining.
Multi-tasking is not OK
– multi-tasking is difficult and generally unnecessary. Trying to do many things at a time will make you nervous. This will worsen your anxiety. So, take it slow. Your tasks won’t run away.
Keep yourself busy
– anxiety might lead to panic. That’s why you need to be occupied. Staying productive will keep you distracted from negative thoughts. It’s not a bad idea to take up crafting activity or sport.
Food is not stress-reliever
– when we are nervous we tend to eat all kinds of things. It’s not a surprise most of them are unhealthy. This is called nervous eating and is a serious problem caused by anxiety. A good solution to it is to grab an apple if you are anxious. Chewing a gum might also. Doing this will surely prevent you from consuming harmful foods.
Save a penny for a rainy day
– worrying for finances causes anxiety. So, put money in your piggy bank regularly. It’s not important how much. The point is to relieve your financial stress.
Be physically active
– it doesn’t mean to become professional sport player. Neither to work out in the gym from dawn till dusk. Daily physical activities like jogging or walking will keep you fit. They will help relieve stress and avoid anxiety attacks.
Reduce stimulating substances
– don’t overdose with coffee or coke. Avoid foods and drinks that contain caffeine. Be careful with the energy drinks. You are above the limit of normal anxiety. You don’t need additional substances to intensify the symptoms of your condition.
Accept your problem
– don’t feel ashamed you have disorder. This will only worsen your situation. Try acting openly about it. Discuss it with your friends and family. Find people who suffer from it too.
How to beat anxiety?
This is a difficult question. But putting these tips into practice will help for sure. And don’t forget to stay positive and lead a calm and happy life.