“Some of us aren’t meant to belong. Some of us have to turn the world upside down and shake the hell out of it until we make our own place in it.”
― Elizabeth Lowell, Remember Summer
The feeling of not belonging can be hard to deal with.
And that is why outsiders often turn to self-isolation.
But this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It gives people a feeling of peace, acceptance, freedom, and a place where they can feel at home.
If this strikes a chord in you, then you may be among one of the rarest and truly special people out there. You experience the world around you in a completely different way, and this has many positives.
Normally, if you feel like an outsider, it means that your soul has truly awakened.
And of course, all of us have souls, but not all people feel as one with their soul while growing older. Outsiders are incredibly empathetic, sensitive, and spiritually connected beings. And that is the reason they find it hard to live in a society that mainly focuses on materialism, fame, and power.
Sadly, many people think of outsiders as weird, depressed, and lonely individuals. But that is not the case.
Because even though isolation is an inseparable part of being an outsider, it also has its positive sides.
Here are 7 good examples:
1. You feel at ease to speak your mind and listen to your intuition.
2. You do not allow society’s influence to morally degrade you.
3. You can see the ugliness of the modern world and that is why you are not constrained by its rules.
4. You have enough alone time to hear what your mind and heart tell you is best for you and act on these intuitions accordingly.
5. You have enough space to work on yourself and become who you were meant to be.
6. You form deeper and more meaningful relationships because you are in touch with your soul.
7. Your instincts give you wisdom and make you more compassionate as well as harder to manipulate.
In addition, being an outsider is a privilege because, even though it has its downsides, it also gives you an edge when it comes to sharpening your senses and making you mentally strong, whether you realize it or not.
We hope this article was of help to you. Let us know your thoughts on the topic by joining the conversation in the comments and please share if you’ve enjoyed the read.