15 quotes that will help you preserve the happiness in your marriage and avoid divorce
After a divorce, almost every man starts thinking about what he could have changed to prevent the fail of his marriage.
He starts wondering how was it possible to allow the things between him and the woman he was deeply in love with to fall apart so tragically and permanently.
If you are one of those men or you have issues within your marriage, you might want to read the pieces of advice below. They could help you find out what you did or are doing wrong.
1. Divorce should be the last option to solve the problems with your marriage.
“My husband and I have never considered divorce… murder sometimes, but never divorce.” ― Joyce Brothers
2. Try to reinforce the bond with your wife every single day
“There is no such thing as a “broken family.” Family is family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time the family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” ― C. JoyBell C.
3. Always see the best in her. That will help you preserve the love you have for each other.
“Perhaps the monotony of every day has made us lose the charm that we two used to have, but I want you to know that you are the lady of my dreams and I don’t know what I would do without you by my side. You’re what I was looking for. I know I don’t tell you this very often, but I really love you.” ― Unknown
4. Don’t allow the time to make you indifferent to your spouse and the responsibilities in your marriage
“The remedy for most marital stress is not in divorce. It is in repentance and forgiveness, in sincere expressions of charity and service. It is not in separation. It is in simple integrity that leads a man and a woman to square up their shoulders and meets their obligations. It is found in the Golden Rule, a time-honored principle that should first and foremost find expression in marriage.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley, Standing for Something: 10 Neglected Virtues That Will Heal Our Hearts and Homes
5. Always solve the problems between each other and accept your differences fully
“What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility.” ― Leo Tolstoy
6. Stick to the principle for better or for worse, and be there for each other both in good and in bad times.
“I’ll tell you something, Harpy,” he said, his voice almost a whisper now. “It never even occurred to me that we wouldn’t make it. And it never occurred to you that we would. You were just waiting for us to go down in flames. I thought we could get through anything.” ― Kristan Higgins, My One and Only
7. A good marriage is based on both love and friendship.
So please never forget that being your wife’s friend is one of the most important things to do.
“Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” ― Franz Schubert
8. Allow her to be who she really is.
“I want you. All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you.” ― John Legend
9. Try to show her that you love her to the moon and back
“One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine, and you will walk away, not knowing that you are my life.” ― Khalil Gibran
10. Be present in her life as often as possible
“You don’t build a bond without being present.” ― James Ear Jones
11. Make her laugh.
“Make her laugh, make her laugh, make her laugh. After all, the strongest relationships are the ones in which you can laugh with your partner through anything.” ― Mary Elizabeth Ellis
12. Satisfy her both sexually and emotionally.
“When you are healthy mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually – when you’re doing well, you’re likely to do good things in life.” ― Andrew Cherng
13. Fall in love with her, again and again, every single day
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” ― Mignon McLoughlin
14. Problems can be a way to reinforce your bond instead of ruining it
“The great secret of a successful marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents and none of the incidents as disasters.” ― Sir Harold George Nicolson
15. Having a conversation with your wife is vital for a long and happy marriage
“Ultimately, the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is a conversation.” ― Oscar Wilde