Intimate, long-lasting relationships thrive on having a good stream of questions to ask your partner.
Spending some time to consider what kind of questions to ask your significant other can be a great tool for both of you to get to know each other more deeply by bringing you closer together through your conversations.
Questions for romantic partners can range from small talk to serious questions to ask your special person.
Regardless of what depth of conversation you’re looking for, this guide is a strong place to start. And no matter the situation, the following questions are sure to help you to connect with your partner on a deeper emotional level.
1. What are your biggest fears?
2. What do you believe we need to work on the most in our relationship?
3. What are the kinds of things that I do or say that make you feel loved?
4. What are the kinds of things that I do or say that make you feel unloved?
5. If you could choose anyone in the world, who would you want to have over for dinner?
6. What’s the thing you always wanted to do as a child but never had the chance to do it?
7. What do you imagine a perfect day would look like?
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to me?
9. Would you ever want to become famous? In what way?
10. What was your favorite date we ever had?
11. Do I touch you enough?
12. Do you ever rehearse what you’re going to say in a phone call?
13. What would be a fun activity we could start doing together?
14. How and when do I make you feel special?
15. When did you last sing to yourself or to someone else?
16. Do you have a sexual activity you would like to try with me but haven’t spoken about?
17. How did we make each other smile recently?
18. If you were to live up till 90 and retain either the body or mind of a 20-year-old for the next 70 years of your life, which would you choose?
19. What (if anything) scares you the most about our relationship?
20. If given the chance, would you ever sign up for space exploration?
21. Do you have a secret hunch about the circumstances of your death?
22. If you could have a superpower, what would you choose it to be and why?
23. What gives you the most pleasure about our relationship?
24. What is usually the first thing you notice about a person?
25. Let us name three things we love about each other.
26. What is your favorite book?
27. What do you feel most grateful for in life?
28. How can I help you to maintain your individuality?
29. What do you need to feel inspired and energized in our home?
30. What would you change about the way you were brought up?
31. Is there something you think I’m not entirely truthful about?
32. Tell each other your life stories in as much detail as possible.
33. If you could change something about your body, what would it be?
34. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new quality or ability what would you want it to be?
35. What is the most hurtful thing that I ever said or did to you?
36. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
37. Is there something you wish I would start doing during lovemaking?
38. What would you want to know if a crystal ball could answer one of your deepest questions?
39. What’s the worst haircut you ever had?
40. What are your favorite things about my body and my mind?
41. What’s the worst job you ever had?
42. Is there something you always dreamed of doing but haven’t done yet?
43. Have you ever tried online dating? What is your worst experience?
44. Name something that irritates you about me.
45. What is your proudest accomplishment in life?
46. What is the most embarrassing outfit you have ever worn?
47. What is the first thing you would do if one day you woke up invisible?
48. What do you value most in a friendship?
49. What sets me apart from others?
50. What’s something you would love doing the old-fashioned way?
51. What is your most precious memory? Your most terrible memory?
52. How long did you think we would be together when we first met? What about now?
53. Have you ever had a near-death experience?
54. If you found out that you would suddenly die, would you change anything about the way you are living now? Why?
55. How does it make you feel to be apart from me?
56. Where would you rather travel to, the future or the past?
57. What do you feel most grateful for in life?
58. Have you ever lost someone close to you?
59. What does friendship mean to you?
60. Do you feel your childhood was happier than that of most other kids you knew?
61. What do you believe attracted me to you?
62. What thoughts go through your head when you see me talking with someone of the opposite sex?
63. What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?
64. What is your idea of true romance?
65. What is the thing that makes you the happiest in our relationship?
66. Do you think everything happens for a reason or do we simply find the reasons in the aftermath of things?
67. What is the first thing you would do if you suddenly lost all your fears?
68. Do you believe in a purpose to life? What is yours?
69 When do you feel most alive?
70. How can I be more supportive to you?
71. Have you ever worried that I would be unfaithful?
72. Have you ever had thoughts about being unfaithful to me?
73. Do you believe we spend too much time together?
74. Are you confident in my feelings for you? What could I do to enhance that?
75. Share a personal problem with your significant other and ask their advice on how to handle it.
Do you believe this list might be helpful to your own relationship?
Let us know how your thoughts on it, and if you think we may have missed some important points, don’t hesitate to share them with us.