15 Romantic Quotes From Famous People That Reveal What True Love Is All About
The word “love” includes a number of similar yet distinct meanings depending on the specific context.
For instance, in Greek, two different kinds of love are expressed by either saying agape or eros. Talking about Greece and their idea of love, we cannot go without mentioning what the notable philosopher Plato once stated: “At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.”
And although that was said thousands of years ago it is still valid today. When we are in love we all change and become better, happier and more romantic. Because true love goes along with almost magical power no other feeling in this world could produce.
And if you don’t quite trust these words because you have not found the one yet and you’ve never known true love down below you can read 15 romantic quotes from famous people that reveal what this feeling is all about:
1. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it, but you can feel it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
2. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.” — Lao Tzu
3. “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” — Pablo Picasso
4. “Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.” ― Haruki Murakami
5. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” ― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
6. “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” ― Jess C. Scott, The Intern
7. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” ― Marilyn Monroe
8. “I’ve had some absolutely great relationships and some not so great relationships. I’ve been in some relationships where I’ve felt terribly alone. Just because you’re with someone it doesn’t mean you’re incredibly happy and complete,” ― George Clooney confessed in a interview forMirror.uk.
9. “The central idea of love is not even a relationship commitment, the first thing is a personal commitment to be the best version of yourself with or without that person that you’re with. You have to every single day — mind, body, and spirit — wake up with a commitment to be better,” ― Will Smith said to Nicole Bitchie, published by HuffPost
10. “It isn’t possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.” ― E.M. Forster, A Room With A View
11. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. ” — Alfred Lord Tennyson
13. “Here it’s safe, here it’s warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
14. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” — Julia Roberts
15. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” — Khalil Gibran
Hopefully you’ve already found true love to make your life brighter and happier. And if you haven’t these quotes might inspire you to never stop looking for it and know when you’ve found it.
Have you found true love?
Please tell us in the comments.