20 of the Most Inspiring Quotes About Love
Of all of the human emotions, the strangest, most dangerous, and most exquisitely beautiful of them – is love.
Love is like a fire. Throughout history, wiser people than myself have expressed the complexities and amazing power of love much better than I could hope to.
I put this collection of quotes together as a simple tribute to the wonderful, confusing, awe-inspiring nature of the most beautiful emotion that we experience. Enjoy.
1. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” — The Notebook
2. “You know when you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
3. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” — Victor Hugo
4. “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.”— Leo Tolstoy
5. “Once you truly believe you’re worthy of love, you will never settle for anyone’s second best treatment.” — Charles J. Orlando
6. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.”— Albert Einstein
7. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.”— Les Miserables
8. “If a thing loves, it is infinite.”— William Blake
9. “With love one can live even without happiness.” — Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. “It’s a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that’s been important to you. It’s actually not all that pleasurable. I don’t know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can’t bear an hour without somebody’s company.”— Colin Firth
11. “It’s an unexplainable feeling, an expression. It’s a touch, it’s a feel. Once you feel it, it’s like no other thing in the world.”— Snoop Dogg on love
12. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”— Helen Keller
13. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.”— John Lennon
14. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.”— T. Tolis
15. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”— Oprah Winfrey
16. “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.”— Theodor Reik
17. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.”— Woody Allen
18. “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.'”— Tom Hanks
19. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne
20. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.”― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper