Woman, 27, reveals she accidentally swallowed an Apple airpod after mistaking it for ibuprofen
A TikToker has told the story of how she realized she’d swallowed her AirPod as she mistook it for ibuprofen.
Influencer Carli B from Boston, USA (@iamcarliiib on TikTok) shared a video of herself crying while wondering what she should do.
Carli, 27, explained to her followers that somehow the AirPod was still connected, even though it was now in her body and when she tried to send a voice message to a friend of hers, the device actually recorded sounds from inside her stomach.
She said the following:
“I ate my f****** left AirPod. I was crawling into bed and had an ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f****** AirPod in the other.”
Carli went on to say that she was going to put the earpiece back in its casing, but as she swallowed what she thought was the pill with water, she immediately realized what had actually happened.
She then tried to puke it out and said she was ‘losing her mind’.
Reply to @dope_propst #greenscreen
Later on, she went for an X-ray and then ‘passed’ the AirPod.
To her fans, she explained:
“I had an X-ray done a few hours ago and it revealed that the AirPod had passed.
“I had a feeling that it had but I just wanted to make sure.”
Reply to @bitchcraft____ #greenscreen
Carli went on to say that the device was last detected at 3.50 am in Somerville, Boston, which is the time she believes the battery would have died.
She made another update, saying:
“I did not retrieve it but I know that it’s passed and I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is and I know this from a very hilarious way.
“Before I disconnected the AirPod from my phone I played the ‘find my AirPod’ sound and faintly heard it from my stomach.
“So here is where I sent my friend a voice memo about how I ate my AirPod and he couldn’t hear it, even after he stepped outside, because it was in my stomach.
“I was unaware that it was still connected because my other AirPod was in its case, not connected to my phone.
“But the stomach pod was indeed connected and recording.”
Reply to @k4yb3e here’s the VOICE MEMO sent to @jelb0_
“It is honestly crazy enough that I am going viral on the Internet for doing something dumb.”
What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know by joining the conversation in the comments and please share this article if you’ve enjoyed the read.