Two Young NHS Nurses Die From Coronavirus

The coronavirus has taken the lives of two more NHS nurses.

39-year-old Aimee O’Rourke passed away at Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Kent, last Thursday after she began experiencing symptoms two weeks prior.

The tragic news came only a few hours after friends of another nurse named Areema Nasreen, 36, also a mother of three, announced that she had passed at Walsall Manor Hospital, in the West Midlands, her workplace.

Despite being put on ventilators none of them could be saved.

Last Thursday, Health Secretary Matt Hancock praised the sacrifices made by NHS workers but was criticized for not providing enough protective gear to medical workers.

Tributes were made in the names of both nurses by friends and family. One person said of Ms. O’Rourke that she “gave her life to make sure other people survived” during the crisis.

She was described by her daughter, Megan Murphy, as an “angel” and as a wonderful friend and colleague” by those who worked at the hospital.

In a Facebook post, her daughter wrote:

“Look at all the lives you looked after and all the families you comforted when patients passed away.

“You are an angel and you will wear your NHS crown forevermore because you earned that crown the very first day you started.”

Megan had wished for people to shout her mother’s name at 8pm during a countrywide clap for medical workers before her condition worsened.

Please everyone share this and we will try and get plenty of people to shout my mums name (Aimee) out for the claps for…

Posted by Megan Murphy on Thursday, April 2, 2020

Areema Nasreen’s friends revealed that she was the youngest worker in the NHS to die.

Her sister noted that she was in great physical condition and had no underlying health problems before being diagnosed.

On Facebook, Areema’s friend Rubi Aktar sadi:

“She was the most loveliest, genuine person you could ever meet. She went above and beyond for everyone she met.

I’m so grateful that I had the honour to call her my best friend, she saw me at my best and my worst and accepted my every flaw. I am so broken that words can’t explain. I can’t believe I will not see your smile again

You made me the nurse that I am today, with your support, motivation and inspiration I am the nurse that I am today and I hope I can do you proud Areema.

I love you so much and I will never forget you. You had so much to live for, I am sorry you didn’t get to see your kids grow up and I’m sorry that you didn’t get to complete your career.”

England’s chief nurse, Ruth May, has also paid her tribute to the two nurses as she urged the public to stay at home this weekend despite a mini-heatwave due to bestow the country.

“This weekend is going to be very warm and it will be very tempting to go out and enjoy those summer rays.
But please, I ask to remember Aimee and Areema. Please stay at home for them.”

Six more NHS employees passed away recently including mental care nurse at Goodmayes Hospital, North East London, Thomas Harvey,  who died after getting infected by a patient.

His daughter, Tamira Harvey, said the government let down her father due to a lack of protective gear.

Dr. Alfa Sa’adu, 68, who was employed by the NHS for over 40 years in various hospitals across London. His family said that he was retired but was still working part-time and eventually got infected by those he was trying to save.

Dr. Amged El-Hawrani, 55, was a nose and throat specialist at Queen’s Hospital in Burton. His family described him as a

“loving and much-loved husband, son, father, brother and friend”.

76-year-old family GP Dr. Habib Zaidi, from Essex, passed away in intensive care 24 hours after being hospitalized.

His daughter, Dr. Sarah Zaidi, who is also a GP, said that his death to COVID-19 was “too much to bear.”

63-year-old organ transplant specialist Dr. El Tayar was the first working NHS surgeon to pass away. It is presumed that he contracted the disease at Hereford County Hospital where he worked as a volunteer.

Dr. Hisham El Khidir, Dr. El Tayar’s cousin, a consultant in Norfolk, said his life could have been saved by more testing.

“This disease is horrible and is going to cause more heartbreak for many more families for weeks to come,” he said.

Professor Mohamed Sami Shousha, 79, died in London on Thursday after contracting COVID-19 about two weeks ago, his nephew Abdelrahman Shousha said.

“He was very keen on going to work on his final days despite the health hazards,” Shousha told MEE. “However, most likely, his work did not involve direct contact with Covid-19 patients.”

What are your thoughts on this tragic news? Let us know by joining the conversation in the comments and please share this article to spread awareness on the seriousness of this silent killer crisis we are all facing, which many people are sadly not taking seriously enough.

Sources: dailymail, inews, middleeasteye

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

cialis 20mg kaufen cialis online bestellen
buy metronidazole online