1. A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others. -The Wizard of Oz
2. As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don’t know how lucky you are not to have one.
Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable. – The Wizard of Oz
3. You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself. – Glinda the Good Witch
4. I shall take the heart. For brains do not make one happy, and happiness is the best thing in the world. – Tin Man
5. You people with hearts, have something to guide you, and need never do wrong; but I have no heart, and so I must be very careful. – Tin Man
6. You are under the unfortunate impression that just because you run away you have no courage; you’re confusing courage with wisdom. – The Wizard of Oz
7. You have plenty of courage, I am sure. All you need is confidence in yourself.
There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty. – The Wizard of Oz
8. No matter how dreary and
grayour homes are, we people of flesh and blood would rather live there than in any other country, be it ever so beautiful.
There is no place like home. – Dorothy
9. Dorothy: Weren’t you frightened?
Wizard of Oz: Frightened? Child, you’re talking to a man who’s laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe… I was petrified.
10. Dorothy: “How can you talk if you haven’t got a brain?”
Scarecrow: “I don’t know… But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking… don’t they?”
11. “Toto did not really care whether he was in Kansas or the Land of Oz so long as Dorothy was with him; but he knew the little girl was unhappy, and that made him unhappy too.”
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz