20 websites to help you learn a new language
Although there are endless resources to learn languages on the web, it is often difficult to find quality websites that offer structured lesson plans. Here is a list of 20 links that I would trust when I learn new languages. Hope you find them useful too!
1. Duolingo.com – Duolingo offers six languages with grammar and vocabulary lessons. Earn points and unlock levels as you go along
2. Memrise.com – Learn vocabulary through spaced repetition.
3. Anki – Anki is a flashcard program similar to Memrise with hundreds of decks.
4. BBC Languages – The BBC offers lessons with grammar, vocabulary, games, activities, and tests in forty languages.
5. Livemocha.com – Online courses for over 35 languages.
6. Lang-8.com – Write in your new language and have a native speaker correct your mistakes.
7. Babbel.com — Learn languages by identify correct translations.
8. lingq.com —Learn languages enjoyably with interesting, authentic content in a global community. Listen and read, grow your vocabulary, learn from anything on the web.
9. Babadum.com — A vocabulary quiz game.
10. InternetPolyglot.com — Lessons and games for learning languages.
11. Verbling.com – Teach someone a language, and they will teach you one.
12. Interpals.net – Find a pen pal from another country and learn their language.
13. SharedTalk.com — A community of people from around the world dedicated to language exchange.
14. letspal.com —100% Free Penpal Website.
15. FSI Language Courses – These are courses developed by the U.S. government that have reached the public domain. Download the text and repeat after the tapes.
16. GreatLanguageGame.com — A game where you try to distinguish between eighty different languages.
17. Forvo.com — Get correct pronunciations of thousands of words in dozens of languages.
18. LyrnLang.com — Learn words and phrases by listening to songs and seeing how the lyrics translate.
19. Lernu.net — Free courses and information on the international language of Esperanto.
20. Chineasy.org — Lessons and resources for learning Chinese.