How you can donate and help with the Australian wildfires

You can donate to the New South Wales Fire Service or to specific NSW RFS brigades using their donations page, which accepts both VISA and Mastercard.

You can directly donate to the New South Wales Fire Service Fund through the NSW Rural Fire Service, Westpac BSB: 032-001, Account No: 171051.

You can send a cheque or cash to NSW Rural Fire Service, Locked Bag 17, Granville NSW 2142.

To donate to a specific NSW RFS brigade that isn’t listed on their online donations page, the RFS suggests that you contact the brigade or its nearest fire control center.

Donations for RFS brigades will also be connected by Paymasters Restaurant.

Vinnies – Everyday basics for victims

Regional director of St Vincent de Paul in the north-east region of NSW, Clare Van Doorn, said its conference members are on standby at evacuation points providing food vouchers, gift cards and clothing to victims of the fires.

Vinnies stores are monetary donations for its wildfire appeal, and this includes clothes.

As per Ms Ban Doorn, money is preferable at this stage.

“It enables us to make sure we can support people with the types of items they require as well as ongoing support they will need to rebuild,” she said.

The Salvation Army – Relief services for workers and victims of the bushfires

The Salvation Army is evacuating people in NSW and Queensland centers in addition to providing food and water, as well as emotional and physical support to emergency personnel and victims of the fires.

If you wish to donate go to go to

The Red Cross – Mental health help

The Red Cross is offering aid through specialist teams of workers and volunteers to support towns impacted by the wildfires.

Donations can be made at, by calling 1800 733 276 during working hours, or to Commonwealth Banks.


A number of social media pages are also functioning as databases that offer shelter for people, pets and even farm animals.

Here are some of them:

Open Doors Newcastle for Catastrophic fire risk: For people or animals in need of an overnight shelter (specifically for Hunter residents).

Central Coast and Hunter Valley Horse and Livestock Evacuation & Rescue Aid: For transport or accommodation of bigger animals.

Fire and Flood Help for Horse mid-north coast NSW: For accommodation and transportation of horses.

Fire Evacuation Pet Assistance NSW: For a variety of companion animals.

Others in need of funds

Visit Go Fund Me to help people impacted by the fires.

To help koalas affected by the fires you can donate to Koala Hospital Port Macquarie.

The Queensland Government has provided advice on where to donate in support of fire victims in the state.

What are your thoughts on the wildfire crisis in Australia?

Let us know by joining the conversation in the comments and please share this article if you’ve found it informative. 

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy metronidazole online