Girl, 6, choked on blue face mask cooked inside McDonald’s chicken nuggets, mum claims

A six-year-old girl choked on a disposable blue face mask cooked inside McDonald’s chicken nuggets, her mum claims. 

Laura Arber, 32, was shocked to find pieces of a disposable mask in at least two of the 20 chicken nuggets she had bought for her children, LADbible reveals.

Image credits: Hampshire Live/BPM Media

On Tuesday, August 4, Ms. Arber had taken three of her four kids to McDonald’s in Aldershot, Hampshire, to pick up their order. When they got home to enjoy their meal, the mother-of-four noticed her 6-year-old daughter Maddie was choking. The furious mom said:

“My little daughter just started choking and I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out there was just blue with the sick. I thought what on earth is this? I didn’t even think it could be the chicken nugget but looked over at the box and all you could see was this blue coming out of another chicken nugget in the box of 20.”

The blue mask was cooked into the nuggets “like a part of the mixture”

Although the shocked mother managed to contact the fast-food restaurant’s manager, she did not receive an apology. The manager told her that the chicken nuggets were not cooked on site. What’s more, the Aldershot McDonald’s did not stop serving the nuggets to its customers. She added:

“I just couldn’t believe the way the management were handling it. What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked? She could have died. It’s a split second thing. And I am just thinking, we have just come out of a pandemic and there is a face mask in my child’s chicken nugget.”

Hampshire Live/BPM Media

Responding to the unacceptable situation, a McDonald’s spokesperson said:

“When the matter was brought to the attention of our staff, we apologised, offered a full refund and asked the customer to return the item so we could further investigate the matter and isolate the affected product.”

The spokesperson also said that the chain is “very sorry” to learn about Ms. Arber’s unpleasant experience, stressing that “food safety is of the utmost importance” to the fast-food company.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

cialis 20mg kaufen cialis online bestellen
buy metronidazole online