Man Swallows Entire Nokia Brick Phone
Kosovo man had an entire Nokia brick phone removed from inside his stomach.
A 33-year-old man from Kosovo went through a bizarre medical intervention. When doctors examined his stomach, they found out he had swallowed an entire Nokia phone. What’s even more disturbing is that the device has been in the man’s gut for four days.
Ekspres, a local news outlet, reports that the man took himself to a Pristina hospital after experiencing harrowing pain from swallowing the phone.
As per 9GAG, the specialist who led the medical team was Dr. Skender Teljaku. He shared photos of the phone after it was removed from the man’s stomach, as well as baffling X-ray and endoscope images while it was still inside.
Thankfully, the doctors managed to remove the device without having to cut through the patient’s abdomen. Instead, they took the phone out in three pieces while performing an endoscopy. During the complex intervention, they feared the battery might explode and release chemicals that could end his life.
Alongside the distressing photos, Dr. Teljaku wrote:
“The 33-year-old man had a small phone set up 4 days ago. Endoscopically, without cutting the stomach, I took out the phone divided into three parts. No complications.”