The main key to sorting your life out and avoid making the fatal mistake of giving up on the things you love, cherish, or aspire to is to acknowledge and accept how you feel.
If we attempt to deny that we are feeling lost, or we try to push it under the rug, we’ll only worsen our problem. When the emotion of feeling lost is not dealt with accordingly, it can create and attract unwanted issues in our lives that pull us even further into the direction of being lost. And once we are lost it becomes extremely difficult to find our way towards a happy and fulfilling life.
No matter how lost you feel and no matter how bad it may feel there is one thing that you should always remember; there’s always a way!
Below we have compiled 20 quotes to help you stay on the right track and never give up.
1. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
2. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.” – C. JoyBell C.
4. “You’ve always had the power … you just had to learn it for yourself.” – Glinda the Good Witch of the North from “The Wizard of Oz”
5. “I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.” – Winston Churchill
6. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammed Ali
7. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
8. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
9. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
10. “A lifetime isn’t forever, so take the first chance, don’t wait for the second one! Because sometimes, there aren’t second chances! And if it turns out to be a mistake? So what! This is life! A whole bunch of mistakes! But if you never get a second chance at something you didn’t take a first chance at? That’s true failure.” – C. JoyBell C.
11. “We don’t beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully.” – Randy Pausch
12. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.” – Charles Richards
13. “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming – “WOW – What a Ride!” -Anon
14. “The only question in life is whether or not you are going to answer a hearty ‘YES!’ to your adventure.” – Joseph Campbell
15. Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones. – Thich Nhat Hanh
16. I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive. – Joan Rivers
17. Challenge is the pathway to engagement and progress in our lives. But not all challenges are created equal. Some challenges make us feel alive, engaged, connected, and fulfilled. Others simply overwhelm us. Knowing the difference as you set bigger and bolder challenges for yourself is critical to your sanity, success, and satisfaction. – Brendon Burchard
18. You have to motivate yourself with challenges. That’s how you know you’re still alive. – Jerry Seinfeld
19. You see, I am trying in all my stories to get the feeling of the actual life across – not to just depict life – or criticize it – but to actually make it alive. So that when you have read something by me, you actually experience the thing. You can’t do this without putting in the bad and the ugly as well as what is beautiful. – Ernest Hemingway
20. Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. – Ralph Waldo Emerson