We all have more questions than answers about the coronavirus.
But here is what we have so far learned about this infectious threat.
The coronavirus is generally believed to originate in bats, but it can spread to other animals before jumping onto people.
The World Health Organization has noted that the virus could transmit easily from one person to the next and onward, just like the common flu.
What are the symptoms and how dangerous is it?
On December 31, China notified the WHO to a strange outbreak of pneumonia – an inflammation of the lungs, accompanied by coughing, that can be caused by a number of pathogens.
Health officials have recently identified an even broader array of symptoms, as per the WHO. These symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Some patients have been successfully treated in hospitals and released within a few days, while others have suffered severe complications.
361 people infected with the coronavirus have thus far died in China.
One commonality among the fatal cases is that the patients also had other health issues. The first person who died also had chronic liver disease as well as abdominal tumors.
Another 66-year-old man who died due to the virus had suffered from COPD, hypertension, and other conditions, while a 48-year-old woman previously had diabetes and had had a stroke.
What can we do about the coronavirus?
- There is currently no vaccine for the virus. To shield yourself from being infected, you must basically do the same things you normally do to avoid the common cold:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not get close to people who are carrying the virus.
- Rest well.
- Stay hydrated.
- Take sore throat and fever medicines. But do not give aspirin to kids younger than 19; instead, use acetaminophen or ibuprofen. A hot shower can also help ease your throat issues.
- If you do get sick, treat your symptoms and contact a doctor if they persist.
To keep track of the coronavirus spread around the world click HERE.
If you would like to know more about the subject you can also check out Dr. Mike’s video on the topic in the link below.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Let us know by joining the conversation in the comments and please share this article if you’ve found it informative.