Child Kidnapper Suspect Charged After 9-Year-Old Girl Remembers Precise Burger King Order He Bought Her

Heartstopping footage shows the child being snatched and stuffed in a car right after she gets off her school bus. 

A man from Rhode Island has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl after she remembered the precise Burger King order he bought her after he committed the crimes.

Shocking CCTV footage shows the moment the child was taken from the street in the daytime on Monday, a little after she got off her school bus.

The clip shows the girl walking on a sidewalk around 3 pm when an SUV stops in front of her, blocking her path. She then tries to walk around the vehicle, when the facemask-covered driver storms out, opens a rear door, grabs her from behind, and stuffs her in the back before driving off.

One hour later, the man dropped her off at the same place, and according to authorities, she immediately let her parents know she had been sexually abused.

She was then brought to Hasbro Children’s Hospital for a checkup, WPRI reported, as authorities launched a massive manhunt.

The victim told officers the criminal had taken her to an isolated location and sexually abused her, before taking her to a Burger King drive-thru to get her food.

When the girl was able to remember her precise food order – 10x spicy chicken nuggets and a soda – officers had the clue they needed to find the man.

Authorities then visited a number of Burger King’s and looked through their CCTV files, until they noticed the man’s SUV at the 966 Park Avenue restaurant. The manager there looked through the orders until he found the matching one and provided officers with the abuser’s debit card information.

After receiving a warrant, officers went to the bank, where they were given the name and address of 34-year-old Luis Martinez Romero. Authorities said he was holding his baby when he was arrested.

Romero was charged with kidnapping a minor as well as second-degree sexual assault and is being held without bail.

In Rhode Island, sexually assaulting a minor can result in a sentence of 6 to 30 years. Meanwhile, convicted kidnappers can be given 20 years to life.

Providence Police Chief Hugh Clements said:

“This dangerous individual has been removed from the streets of our city due to the swift and vigilant work of our officers who worked tirelessly on this case.”

“We know when individuals commit something like this that they are prone to thrive off of what they had just done, so it’s important to identify and eventually take them off the street.”

While the man has no criminal record in the state, he has ties to Florida so authorities are currently investigating his past there.

“At this point we have him for one event,” Clements added. “It certainly is a possibility there is more than one. There is certainly a possibility there could be several.”

According to Clements, the girl is now safe and doing well.

A spokesperson for Providence Public Schools told CBS Boston that its school bus drivers never drop off children unless there is a grown-up waiting for them – if they are 8 years of age or younger.

“If no adult is present at the time the bus arrives at the bus stop, the bus driver and bus monitor will keep the child on the bus and bring him/her to the bus yard where the parents may then pick up their child,” they said.

What are your thoughts on this shocking story? Let us know by joining the conversation in the comments and please share if you’ve found this article informative. 

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More