Baker amuses everyone with her 5-ingredient Oreo cheesecake cookie recipe
A London baker wowed her Instagram fans with a simple Oreo cheesecake cookie recipe that requires FIVE ingredients only.
Insta-famous baker Eloise Head, 26, had thousands of people stunned by a simple, yet incredibly delicious dessert recipe. The self-taught cook, who is also the founder of the viral account FitWaffle Kitchen, shared a video of the making of the easy sweets last month. Since then, it has amassed more than 26,000 likes from amazed food-lovers.
All you need to make her now-viral cheesecake cookies is butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, plain flour, and a pack of Oreos. Eloise writes of her beginner-friendly recipe:
“If you love Oreo’s you need to try these! And you don’t even need eggs 😋“
“5-ingredient Oreo cheesecake cookies! 😍“
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 115g cream cheese, softened
- 200g granulated sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 10 Oreos
- Whisk butter and cream cheese until the texture has become light and fluffy.
- Add sugar followed by the flour in thirds, gently folding in until just combined.
- Mix broken Oreos into the dough before leaving the mixture to set in the fridge for roughly one hour.
- Once the dough has hardened, scoop about a teaspoon of the mixture onto a greased baking tray.
- Bakes in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 10 to 12 minutes.
The London baker has inspired many lockdown adventurers to try her desserts, including Nutella brownies, M&M cookie bars, and, of course, the now-famous cheesecake cookies.
One of the few good sides of the worldwide COVID-19 quarantine is that it encouraged thousands of enthusiasts to try out their cooking skills. This evolved into a baking craze, in which desserts like red velvet mug cakes and banana bread donuts became a significant part of our lives.
In a March interview with Daily Mail Australia, Eloise said she was “very proud to help people keep occupied” amid social distancing.
What is more, Ms. Head also has a YouTube channel, where she uploads some of her most wowing recipes.
Did the quarantine encourage you to level-up your baking skills? Would you try this simple Oreo cheesecake cookies recipe? Let us know in the comment section!