35 times hotels surprised their guests with creativity
There are quite a few hotels in the world that undoubtedly go the extra mile to make their customers’ stay as pleasant as possible. Perfectly cleaned rooms and picturesque views are one thing, but some hotels are doing so much more to put a smile on their visitors’ faces.
Dr. Forgacs from Ryerson University told Bored Panda that the main reason a person would return to a hotel would be if they had good memories of the place.
“Not necessarily a gold plated door knob or the extra skirt hangers in the closet; best memories are created through interaction with people. If service excellence exceeds expectations, guests always remember that.”
So, here are 35 times hotels used creativity to make their guests’ stay beyond awesome and definitely exceeded their expectations!
1. The toiletries at my hotel in Switzerland included a rubber ducky.
2. This hostel in Germany is an indoor vintage RV park.
3. A buddy of mine travels a lot for work, asked for a fort…
4. More hotels should do this.
5. Hotel I stayed at was formerly a train station and had an actual train inside it, with rooms inside each car.
6. This hotel lets you borrow a plant to take to your room so you have a friend to talk to.
7. These do not disturb options at my hotel.
8. My hotel wants you to take the nice soap home!
9. My hotel in China has a card to give to a taxi driver so you can find your way back.
10. This historic sign in my hotel explains how to use electricity in case you had never used it before.
11. This hotel actually makes it easy to connect your laptop to the TV.
12. This bag of old/stained face towels have been re-used as “rags” at this hotel.