35 photos reminding us how awesome squirrels are
Anyone who believes squirrels are anything less than awesome needs to see this!
Not only squirrels are amazing, but they are also highly intelligent and absolutely cute. These sweet fluffy animals make every little thing they do look adorable and funny at the same time.
Here are 35 photos proving that squirrels are indeed awesome!
1. They rock the Superhero landing.
2. They are adorably photogenic.
3. They love making friends with other animals.
4. They can even get a little defiant.
5. They come in many sizes and colors.
As Bored Panda notes, squirrels come in a lot of sizes. For example, the African pygmy squirrel and least pygmy squirrel are only 10-14 cm(3.9-5.5 in) tall, while the Bhutan giant flying squirrel can reach up to 1.27 m(4 ft 2 in) in length.
6. That little hand stole my heart away.
7. Apparently, squirrels are ice cream lovers…
8. …and pizza lovers too!
9. Plus, they love snuggling.
10. And napping.
The most commonly recognized type are tree squirrels. They can be seen almost everywhere, from city parks to woodlands. Their favorite snacks are berries, flowers, and, of course, nuts.
11. This squirrel found an Easter Egg!
12. They are also very social creatures. This old lady used a marionette of herself to feed her new squirrel friend.
13. Squirrel fell in love with my stepdad.
14. Besides, they are total selfie stars!
15. This squirrel was begging for more popcorn after two girls near me ran out. He came over to me and did this just as I took the photo because I couldn’t believe how close he was!
And whoever tells you humans and squirrels don’t get along, show them these charming little dining areas people built for their fluffy friends.
16. I made a squirrel bar.
17. A man built this tiny picnic table for squirrels.
18. Thought this belonged here. Honestly one of the only reasons I wake up in the mornings because I get so excited.
19. I filled a tiny teacup with some walnuts for my squirrel friend.
20. And when they finish their meal, they enjoy a well-deserved nap.
Ground squirrels are another well-known species. They live in tunnels and burrows and munch on nuts, leaves, roots, seeds, and sometimes insects. Some even hibernate during the winter season.
21. So the other day my dad called me and told me his golden retriever found a baby squirrel that was half alive in the yard. He rescued it and fed it. This is them a few days later. Now It won’t leave his side.
22. This albino squirrel comes to our door & begs for corn every day!
23. The day after Hurricane Irma, this baby squirrel ran straight up to me, jumped into my hands and passed out. I’m sure it had a rough night.
24. New York squirrels will just tap you on your shoulder and ask “you gonna finish that?”
25. I’m stuck in hospital right now and every morning this wee guy and his pals comes to my window.
26. Baby squirrels are the cutest!
27. We adopted a badly injured baby squirrel. Here’s one of the first photos of him.
28. My wife getting a hug from a baby squirrel that she’s taking care of.
29. Milk drunk baby squirrel.
30. Saw a pregnant squirrel for the first time today. I’m not sure what I expected but this exceeds all of it.
31. “I’ll trade you this leaf for a snack.”
32. Seriously, who could resist this little ball of cuteness?
33. This squirrel we’ve been feeding has begun sunbathing on our deck table.
34. Captured this beauty today in Brevard, NC!!
35. These two frequent nut stealers have cool frosted tips.
Do you as well find squirrels awesome? If your answer is “Absolutely YES!”, share this article for your friends to appreciate these charming little cuties too.