Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could become richer than the Queen with multi-million deals with Netflix and Spotify.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could become wealthier than the Queen, landing lucrative deals with the streaming giants.
- In the shocking March 7 interview with Oprah, the couple revealed they signed multi-million contracts for Netflix shows and Spotify podcasts.
- The young family is predicted to become the world’s highest-earning celebrity couple.
After the shocking interview of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle with Oprah Winfrey, it was revealed that the prince had a chance to land multi-million-pound contracts with Netflix and Spotify. As per Daily Mail, the Duke of Sussex was persuaded to sign the deals just as he was “literally cut off financially” from the Royal Family.
The world is still trembling by all the revelations Prince Harry and Meghan Markle exposed on the March 7 interview with the chat-show giant Oprah Winfrey. One of the things that took everyone by surprise was the fact that the prince had stopped receiving income from Buckingham Palace shortly after he and Meghan announced their wish to step back as senior royals.
What’s more, the Duke confessed that if it were not for the money left to him by his mother Princess Diana, he would have been unable to provide for and protect his family.
The prince signed a $105M contract with Netflix and a $25M deal with Spotify.
In September last year, Prince Harry and Meghan announced they signed a Netflix deal worth an estimated £75million($105million). Two months later, they declared they landed a profitable settlement with the audio streaming service Spotify for £18million($25million).
Regarding their Spotify podcast, the family said they have always had a “passion for meeting people and hearing their stories.” They shared their project will “bring forward different perspectives and voices” and “find our common ground.”
When the couple was asked about the lucrative partnerships, Prince Harry said they were “never part of the plan.” Although, they were suggested by a “friend” of the young family at a time when they feared financial issues. The Duke of Sussex explained:
“My family literally cut me off financially and I had to afford security for us. But I’ve got what my mum left me and, without that, we would not have been able to do this. I think she saw it coming.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now predicted to become the world’s highest-earning celebrity couple.
Reportedly, Harry and Meghan’s fortune will potentially reach £700million($1billion) within the next several years. Meanwhile, the Queen’s wealth is estimated at £350million($500million), which means that her grandson will be two times richer than the Royal Family.
After being cut out of the Buckingham Palace, Prince Harry and Meghan’s other sources of income include speeches and appearance fees of up to £1million($1.4million), the money Harry inherited from his mother Princess Diana – up to £20million($28million), and an estimated £7million($10million) Harry received from the Queen Mother’s will after she died in 2002.
The Duke’s overall net worth is reportedly believed to be £30million($42million), while his wife’s is said to be £4million($5.5million).
In the unexpectedly straightforward interview, Harry claimed:
“We’re certainly not complaining. Our life is great now. All I needed was enough money to be able to pay for security to keep my family safe.”