CBD: The Proven Physical and Mental Benefits
Cannabidiol or CBD has become popular because of its proven physical and mental benefits, according to anecdotal evidence and several scientific studies, surveys, and clinical trials. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), taking CBD is unlikely to lead to addiction because it doesn’t contain a significant amount of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC—a psychoactive compound found in cannabis.
In this post, you’ll learn what studies and research say about the proven benefits of CBD when it comes to the mental and physical aspects of your body.
Mental Benefits of CBD
Stress is a major contributing factor that affects a person’s mental health. It’s a good thing that CBD oil for stress is now available to help people feel calmer and less anxious.
There were several studies and research that prove that CBD can provide therapeutic benefits to safeguard a person’s well-being. Check out the mental benefits and related studies of these CBD benefits below.
- Makes You Feel Good: CBD affects serotonin production, which is considered a feel-good hormone. For instance, taking CBD gummies during your day-to-day is a cost-effective way to enjoy your routine activities with less stress and worry.
Here are the benefits of serotonin when it comes to mental health:
- Improved mood
- More positive life perception
- Normal vital signs, such as breathing or respiratory rate, heart rate, and body temperature
- Reduced cortisol or stress hormones, which cause hypertension
- Reduced Pain Perception: CBD reduces the perception of pain. CBD for pain relief targets pain receptors in the body, decreasing cortisol release, which is responsible for pain perception.
By taking CBD and reducing pain, here are the benefits you can achieve when it comes to mental health:
- Enjoy life better by pursuing your hobbies and passions
- Spend more quality time with family and friends, which helps boost a healthy mind and body
- Manage anxiety and depression
- Focus on being productive at work
- Mental Relaxation: CBD has relaxing properties, as concluded in a study wherein participants with social anxiety, who were taking 600mg of CBD, reported reduced anxiety, worry, and stress. Also, they reported improved sleep. Indeed, CBD can help people experience more relaxation.
Here are the benefits of having a more relaxed mind:
- Better work focus
- Better relationship with family and colleagues
- Better mood for rest and sleep
Physical Benefits of CBD
People who take CBD reported physical benefits, such as weight loss and healthier, younger-looking skin. Taking CBD oil aids in weight loss to help improve your weight, physical appearance, and self-esteem.
CBD comes in different topical preparations, like creams, lotions, and balm. These products promise to reduce skin rashes, redness, swelling, and inflammation brought about by allergies, eczema, and irritation.
- Weight Loss Benefits
Hemp and cannabis products with CBD and less than 0.3 percent of THC content (tetrahydrocannabinol causes psychoactive effects) are collectively called CBD products. One of the selling points of CBD is its important role in weight loss. Weight loss, in turn, improves a person’s self-esteem.
According to a reputable source, CBD helps in reducing food intake and boosts metabolism. These benefits promote weight loss. Cannabinoid receptors are present in the brain; CBD interacts with these receptors to help regulate satiety, hunger, and metabolism.
According to research findings on the relationship between CBD and weight loss, CBD promotes the ability of the proteins and genes to convert white fat into brown fat. These heat-generating brown fats then burn calories and promote weight loss.
- Younger-Looking Skin
CBD also plays a vital role in skincare. There are several studies to prove the benefits of CBD on the skin. CBD can potentially help people with eczema, psoriasis, and other causes of skin inflammation.
Here are some of the studies cited by the source:
- According to the 2017 Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology review, CBD creams can help reduce skin dryness and redness among patients suffering from psoriasis and eczema. There were three studies reviewed, including two small studies on humans, and one study on mice.
- The Clinical Therapeutics Journal published a small study in their March to April 2019 issue, looking into the effects of CBD ointment on 20 participants who had different skin problems. The study showed that CBD could improve skin elasticity and hydration. Also, CBD has anti-inflammatory effects, which help reduce the signs and symptoms of inflammation.
- Improved Sleep
CBD can help you achieve better sleep at night so you can look and feel more energized the next day. Because doses of CBD ease anxiety and cause body relaxation, the substance is a natural alternative to sleep aids or sleeping pills, without the unpleasant side effects.
Here are the physical benefits of adequate sleep that CBD can help you with:
Proper Growth and Development: Sleep affects the proper production of growth hormones. CBD can help promote better sleep by reducing stress and anxiety with serotonin release.
Normal Blood Pressure: Getting adequate sleep helps improve cardiovascular health with normal blood pressure and heart rate. A person who has a lack of sleep usually experiences high blood pressure and a faster heart rate due to cortisol production—a stress hormone that causes anxiety and changes in vital signs.
Improved Breathing: Rest and sleep greatly influence the respiratory system. A person who has a good night’s sleep tends to have a normal respiratory rate because they feel more relaxed and energized. These benefits are due to less stress and anxiety, which can cause “tachypnea” or increased respiratory rate, and “dyspnea” or difficulty in breathing.
Stronger Immune System: With enough rest and sleep, the body cells and tissues heal on their own because sleep is the best time for chemicals, hormones, and enzymes in the body to work and repair damaged cells.
What’s more, with an improved immune system, an individual can have a glowing and more hydrated skin, more focused thinking, and a better, healthier appearance.
Many studies prove the health benefits of CBD products. CBD can help users attain their weight loss goals and get healthier skin. Because CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it’s an effective treatment against various skin problems, like eczema and psoriasis. Also, it improves sleep and helps reduce pain, anxiety, and stress, helping people become physically and mentally healthy.