Across the world, there are some weird laws that have been in place over the years.
Some of them really make you wonder how they ever got written into law.
As weird and entertaining as some of the laws might be, I’d love to hear the story behind a few of them, like #43, for instance.
1) In Victoria, only a qualified electrician is allowed to change a light bulb. It’s illegal to change it yourself unless you are a qualified electrician. If not you would have to pay a fine up to 10 Australian dollars.
2) In Milan, it is a legal requirement to smile at all the times, except during funerals or hospital visits. If you don’t, you have to pay a fine.
3) Winnie the pooh is banned from playgrounds in Tuszyn, in Poland. Because local authorities say Winnie is inappropriate for little children because Pooh is half naked.
4) In Coulaines, spitting was banned in 2009 to stop the spreading of swine flu.
5) In 2007, the Chinese government passed an absurd law, which stated that it’s illegal for the Tibetan monks to reincarnate without the government’s permission.
6) A popular law passed in England prohibits people to die in the House of Parliament. It is completely true and confirmed.
7) Eboli is a small town in Italy and kissing in a moving vehicle is banned here.
8) In Melbourne, Australia, vacuuming your house between 10 pm and 7 am during weekdays and 10 pm and 9 am during the weekends is against the law.
9) That’s not the only thing banned in Melbourne, it’s a place where men are banned from dressing up like a woman.
10) In Oklahoma, it is against the law to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7 pm.
11) Driving a dirty car is against the law in the Russian city of Chelyabinsk. You will have to face fine if you deny this law.
12) In Switzerland, flushing the toilet after 10 pm in an apartment building is illegal. The Swiss government considers it noise pollution.
13) In Canada, by law, one out of every five songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian.
14) In Honolulu, Hawai, it is illegal to sing loudly after the sunset.
15) It is against the law not to walk your dog at least three times a day in Tornio, Italy.
16) Visitors of North Korea are not allowed to use North Korean currency and they are not allowed to enter into the city’s department stores.
17) A law passed in 2009 in Japan states that it is illegal to be fat. Yes, it is forbidden to be fat in Japan.
18) In Venice, it is illegal to feed the pigeons.
19) In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
20) In Singapore if you move around the house naked, without closing the blinds, you can be arrested.
21) Bear wrestling is illegal in Alabama.
22) In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog.
23) In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
25) In Pennsylvania, it’s against the law to tie a dollar bill on a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up.
26) In Thailand, you can’t leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
27) In Samoa, it is illegal to forget your wife’s birthday.
28) In Los Angeles, CA it’s illegal for a waiter to tell a customer “I’m really an actor.”
29) In Texas, it’s illegal to threaten somebody with an UNLOADED gun.
30) In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.
31) In Kentucky, carrying ice cream cones in your pocket is illegal.
32) In Illinois, giving a lighted cigar to a pet is illegal.
33) In Oxford, Ohio, a woman undressing in front of a picture of a man is breaking the law.
34) In Baltimore, Maryland, taking a lion to the cinema is illegal.
35) In Texas, if you are going to commit a crime, you legally have to give 24 hours notice to the police. Either orally or in written form.
36) In France, it’s illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
37) In Providence, Rhode Island, selling toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday is illegal.
38) In Turkey, it is illegal for a man above 80 years to become a pilot. (Well, that sound’s reasonable)
39) In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.
40) In Chico, California, the law states that anybody who detonates a nuclear device within the city limits is liable to a fine of $500.
42) In British Columbia, it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found. (Any idea why this law was passed?)
43) You cannot fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck in Chicago.
44) In Champaign, you can’t pee in your neighbor’s mouth.