Often times when people come to you for advice, getting them to ask questions is the most effective form of finding an answer.
Taking the time to contemplate a question let’s people come to their own conclusions, and is often times way more effective than just telling them how they should think, or act. But what if it is you that is seeking advice?
Thanks to books like ““If…(questions for the Game of Life” here is a list of questions to ask yourself that will set your mind free.
1. If you didn’t know how old you were, what would you guess your age to be?
2. In the end of your life, will you have said more, or done more?
3. If the average human lifespan was only 40 years, how would you live differently?
4. If happiness was money, what would make you rich?
5. Would you rather do the right thing, or do things right?
6. What is better: a worried genius, or a joyful idiot?
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or not be able to make new ones?
8. Can you know the truth without challenging it?
9. Have you ever actually encountered your greatest fear? If not – why is it your greatest fear?
10. Are you simply alive, or truly living?
11. What did you do today that you’ll actually remember?
12. Are you doing what you believe in? Or simply getting by?
13. How much have you actually controlled the path of your life?
14. If you could offer someone one piece of advice, what would it be?
15. Do you see the line between insanity and creativity?
16. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
17. Would you give up 10 years of your life to be attractive or famous?
18. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work doing what you love?
19. Do you ever feel like you’re re-living the same day over and over?
20. If we learn from mistakes, why are we so afraid to make them?
21. How comes what makes you happy doesn’t make everyone happy?
22. Why are you, you?
23. What would you do differently if there was no one to judge you?
24. what is it in life that you truly love?
25. in the decisions you are making right now: are they for you? or for someone else?
26. Knowing I will die, how should I live?
27. Which is worse: failing or never trying?
28. What am I holding that I need to let go of?
29. Does something that upset me 5 years ago even matter anymore? Why?
30. If not now, when?